We got an email from reader Megan alerting us to a baby boy struggling with a severe case of e coli poisoning. This brave one-year-old was flown to Children\’s Hsspital in Los Angeles for the poisoning. With no idea how he contracted it, it led to HUS and, subsequently, kidney failure.
Megan wrote us: \”His bowel (lower intestine) became perforated and a large portion became necrotic (dead) so they had to remove it. HUS is basically an infection in the digestive system which produces toxic substances that destroy red blood cells, causing kidney injury. He\’s currently on a ventilator and is receiving hemo dialysis. We can still hope for recovery, but there are many potentially life threatening complications.\”
William\’s family has started a blog to keep family and friends updated, here is the web address: http://www.williamantoniotodd.blogspot.com/ We ask everyone to send some prayers up for baby William.
Filed Under: Amazing Charities