Have you noticed that birds have become the symbol of pregnancy? Storks became associated with bringing babies from Victorian England, where the White Stork was considered a symbol of happiness, fertility, and prosperity. Storks were known to nest on chimney tops in England, so the mythology of storks dropping baby humans down the chimney was made quite quickly. Answering a child’s question of “Where do babies come from?” is also easily answered by “the stork brought you to us”. Children who grow up are referred to as those leaving the nest. And pregnant women preparing for baby’s arrival are said to be ‘nesting.’
Yes birds are everywhere when it comes to pregnancy which is why this week at Baby Lifestyles will be Nesting Week. We’ll be bringing you various ways of incorporating these majestic animals into your pregnancy and beyond. First up: baby shower favors. These insatiably cute favors symbolize the start of a new life with your baby.
1. Make a baby shower personal with custom printed labels featuring adorable chicks in super cute colors. Baby shower bird labels.
2. These baby chicks are “about to hatch” and they hide a practical surprise; they are salt and pepper shakers! This adorable shaker set is the perfect baby shower party favor. Hatching salt and pepper shakers.
3. These egg soap baby shower favors are not only adorable, but practical as well. Each favor includes a lightly scented egg shaped soap resting on a bird’s nest and beautifully presented in an elegant gift box. Egg soaps.
4. Tick-tock, tick-tock, could that be the sound of your biological clock? Well, not exactly. It’s the sound of this cheeky kitchen egg timer! Whether you’re oh-so-pregnant and ready to hatch or you’re hatching a plan to throw an unforgettable baby shower, these practical favors are the perfect. Egg timers
5. No this bird cage isn’t the type to hold a parrot. It’s used as a wishing well or to hold baby shower cards. It makes a great centerpiece for any nesting themed event too and can easily be painted to match any baby shower decor or colors. Bird cage card holder
6. Fill these adorable natural twig bird’s nests with egg shaped candy, Jordan almonds or other treats to complete your nesting baby shower. Personalize with ribbon or use as place card holders on table settings. Birds nest for candies
Did this idea inspire you? We’d like to see how your party turned out!
Submit your party to Baby Lifestyles’ Party Girl!